Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sneak Peek

I've been working one of the "projects" for my book. It's going to be one that is shown "step-by-step", and can I tell you how difficult that is to plan for?? I have the option of creating these projects from scratch while I'm at the photo-shoot in a couple months, but I've decided that I just don't want to deal with the extra pressure of trying to create on demand. So I'm going to do them ahead of time and bring materials in order to recreate them while I'm there. That's where the difficult part comes in though. As you all well know, having duplicates of most of the items that we use in collage/assemblage is really not the norm. So while creating, every step of the way, I need to think to myself, "How am I going to recreate this? Do I have the right materials to do it again?" Needless to say, I ended up making a trip to Staples to make some color copies of certain unique items so that I'd have duplicates. So here's a very small sneak peek of the project- I can't show any more since it's going to be in the book.

And here's also a photo of a frame I just made for Lorraine. She requested the word "Pink", and wanted a pink theme. Hope you like it, Lorraine- it's on its way!

Tomorrow I'm heading to Florida with Riley for a week to visit my two sisters. It should be a fun trip. Riley will get to see his two cousins (one who is 10 days older than him), and we'll get to see the new coffeeshop my youngest sister is opening. I can't wait!

Things are going well on the pregnancy front. We had another ultrasound and saw little baby's two hands clasped together- so cute! I'm feeling close to "back to normal" with the exception of mild nauseau every so often. In 5 weeks, we get to find out the sex! I'm crossing my fingers for a girl!

See you all when I get back!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Robot Book!

I've made a new soft book for Riley. This one has a robot theme, from some fabric I got a few months ago. I decided to try and make it more interactive than the previous books I've made, so I made it sort of a "matching" book. Each page has velcro on it, and there are matching robots hanging from ribbons that attach into the book. Then on the cover is a pocket to hold them when they're not attached. It was a fun book to make, although required quite a few problem-solving sessions where I tried to figure out the best way to make it work. I think it turned out pretty cute!

Although I'm physically feeling fairly good lately, I'm suffering from a lack of motivation to work on artwork. But I suppose that might be just as well, as I need to start focusing on writing my book anyway. I'll keep you all updated on my progress!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...