Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

THE Studio Tour!

As promised, here is an updated tour of my studio.  For past tours, you can look here and here.  As you can see, I've added a lot more stuff (um, yeah...), so I've had to do some reorganizing! 

To give you an overview, the studio is in a small room that opens out into our kitchen dining area.  Beyond the dining area is our family room, so I'm able to moniter the kids while I'm in there, which is helpful.  It's an odd shape (sort of a triangle), so a little difficult to design, but I've made it work!  On one wall is a large window that opens out to our lanai, so it's nice to work in there while the kids are playing outside.  However, that window (and the small, awkward shape of the room) makes it very difficult to take decent pictures in there, so please forgive the changing lighting, strange angles, etc. in the photos.  My camera had a hard time handling the job!  Hopefully you can sort of figure out the layout by piecing the different photos together!






 Look how perfectly all those dollhouses fit!  My husband added shelves between the existing bookshelves to store them.  And can you believe that he never once made any sort of comment about it?  He must have been biting his tongue pretty hard!


 Here's my primary workspace, facing the window.

Here you can see out into our family room.  As you can see, I've got a nice baby-gate there to keep little hands off my things!!

Avery's old dresser was relocated here when she got her new one.


 There's my sewing corner on the opposite side of my desk.













Hope you enjoyed your peek into my world!  Believe me, my whole house doesn't look like this (I wouldn't mind, but my husband definitely would!).  Just my studio and Avery's room.  I'm waiting for Avery to move into a toddler bed to do an updated tour of her room, so hopefully that will be soon as well!

I wouldn't even know where to begin with describing things, letting you know about details, etc. so if you have questions about anything, feel free to ask me in the comments, and I'll try to answer!! 

25 comments:

elizabeth said...

Umm...wow. Really, wow! This is a pretty awesome studio. Can I please come over?! I loved the close ups so I could see all your sweet little collections. Yep, wow. Off to go look at the pictures again. :)

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Corey!
You know I'm a huge fan of your art and it's just wonderful to see where you create. We have so much in common and like a lot of the same things... the little lamby collection and all your sweet dolls and pastel fabrics. Just divine! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Happy holidays!
Holly

Daniele Valois said...

Oh lovity love love! It is so you!!!

kimla said...

Just the coolest room ever! Everything is so darn fun and colorful and vintage-y, and it all looks organized and clutter-free. Have a couple of questions for you: when you make your pages, do you already know what you want to use in your stash? I have so much, it seems, that I often get overwhelmed and don't know where to begin pulling in ephemera. Also, do you ever use originals, like paper dolls, etc. or only color copies? I lean toward using the real thing but usually feel like I'm just slapping things together instead of planning them out better. xoxo

OliversForest said...

i have no idea how you get any work done in there! i would just play all day! very cute space!

Diane Mars said...

Oh I am so glad to see more of your creative space. It is just full of Vintage girlie girl goodies. I love all your treasures I am now motivated to get my space more together. The problem it's always in a bit of creative mess. But I will try! ox, Diane

Josh Healy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
magie said...

I just love your studio..it is the nicest studio I have seen! :) I love all the doll houses and the collection of vintage decorations/ornaments. I could spend days and days just looking at all the pretty things in there. What a lovely space you have created...

Musings from Kim K. said...

I needed a happy distraction and your studio was just the ticket. I enjoyed scrolling up and down to soak in all your lovely collections. I spied many things that would gladly add to my own special crafting space. Your dolls, dollhouses and doll dressers are just divine. I'm smitten!

My Vintage Mending said...

I cannot even begin to tell you how gorgeous this space is. I even showed my husband to prove that I am not the only one that collects such wonderful things...I am so envious of all your wonderful things. Your artistic touches are beyond perfect...smiles...Renee

Anonymous said...

It's therapy for me to see your creative space and realize there are other girls out there like me. I have a doll room, and a craft room. Too much stuff to put all in one space. I like the fabric tucked away under the bunkbed. That's really clever.

Corey said...

Kimla, I hope you check back to see answers to your questions!

Yes, I usually have an idea of what ephemera I want to use. Most of my artwork only has one or two pieces on it, so I choose those based on the theme I'm going for first, before I do anything else.

And I use both originals and copies. I prefer originals, but I usually don't want to cut into a vintage book, or sometimes I know I'll want to use an image multiple times, so in those cases, I'll use a color copy.

Hope that's answered your questions! Thanks for asking!

Little Pink Studio said...

What a wonderful space! I'm sure it's very inspiring!
You have so many wonderful collections, too!
Cerri
www.littlepinkstudio.typepad.com

Jessica Rodarte said...

Your studio has to be one of the most delicious studios ever! I love your vintage pieces. I am off to find that follow button so I don't miss a thing! :)
(In case you are wondering, I first read one of your articles- I forget what magazine it was, which made me come by and lurk for a bit. I just came across your studio on Flickr and am glad to have found you again! You are so inspiring!)

Anonymous said...

Fun! This is a studio that feels like home to me...I have similar things only I don't have a room so they are kinda scattered about the house. If you're anything like me I'll be playing with the dollhouses and dressing the dolls in between creating. :)

Stacy Hart said...

i am speechless.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - this is the most delightful space ever! I could spend hours in here exploring your treasures.

Sandie said...

Corey, Thanks for visiting my blog! Thought I would just answer you here. The Doll-E-Bath was marked $20.00 but was in a 50% off booth! I thought it was adorable! Sandie

Angie P. said...

Your photos bring tears to my eyes. They've taken me back to my infancy/childhood. (1970's). Your collection is amazing. One piece in particular because I owned it as a child... The long necked "giraffe" on your bookshelf that is just peeking out from behind. My mother (RIP) wrote in my baby book about that same little giraffe and how it was my favorite toy as a baby. I no longer have it but there is a photo somewhere in the family books of the little giraffe in the background. Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection. much love. <3

Kortney said...

Love, love, LOVE! Where do you find all your dolls and doll goodies. After 20long years my husband and I had our beautiful baby girl. She is 4 now and loves vintage things and babiy doll. I have Bren looking for vintage dolls for her room but I can't find any. Do you have any hints?

Lola said...

I love your studio...your doll collection is wonderful. Where did you get that baby gate?

Anonymous said...

Ooo! what a fun room. We have a lot of the same decals. I'm glad I'm not alone in my vintage baby loving! ♥

GardenOfDaisies said...

I L.O.V.E. all your sweet dollhouses! And the cute little doll dressers too. What a wonderful and inspirational space!!

Unknown said...

OMG! LOVELY!!!! It's ... a beautiful dream comes true. Congratulations!! :)

Michelle said...

Hi Corey! I havent' been in Bloglan for a long while, but I do like to check in and see what you are up to. I have been looking back over your blog today and pinning a lot. :) Love seeing your craft room again. It's such a happy, colorful, fun space!
Michelle