Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Yellow Keystone Dollhouse Tour

 You know, I took photos of this house a couple days ago for a tour, only to look back at them and realize the house had no curtains!  So I whipped out a few yesterday, and retook photos today!
 
This may be my favorite house to date.  It just has such character!  I love the yellow, and love the garage!  Read here to see the story of how it came to be mine. 
 
 I'd like to introduce you to its inhabitants, the Golds (gold like their golden-yellow house).  There is Father Gold, Mother Gold, Twin Baby Boy, Twin Baby Girl, their three puppies, and of course, their maid.  Maid wasn't quite sure whether she was to be included in the photo, so she stood off to the side a bit.  As you can see Mother Gold is a little vertically challenged (her baby girl seems to be almost as big as she is!), but she manages just fine.
 
 Here is a shot of their whole house, so you can see how the rooms are situated.
 
 First we'll visit the kitchen, where Maid is busy cleaning up.
 
She still needs to clear away the morning's dishes, although they're so pretty, it would almost be nice if she left them out!
 
 She's so happy that the Golds bought her a pink mixer to bake with!  It makes working seem a little more fun!
 
 Next is the dining room. Mother Gold is getting the tea service ready to serve Mr. Gold.
 
 Once that's done, she'll need to run upstairs though, because she hears the babies crying!
 
 They can wait for one minute though, since Mr. Gold has been waiting for his tea for a while...
 
"I'm ready for my tea now, sweetheart!"  Looks like the puppies are ready for something, too!
 
 "Here it is, here it is, sweetums.  Would you like cream and sugar?"
 
 Now she must get upstairs to check on the twins!
 
 First to the master bedroom to check on Baby Girl.
 
 As you may guess, Baby Girl was actually quite the surprise when she was born, as the Golds were only expecting one baby.  So for now, she sleeps in a cradle in the master bedroom until they can figure out other arrangements.
 
 Looks like she has fallen back asleep, so now Mother can check on Baby Boy.
 
 Lucky boy, he gets the whole nursery to himself!
 
 At some point though, they're going to have squeeze another bed into the room for his sister!
 
 Okay, looks like Baby Boy has gone back down as well.
 
 And the final room is the bathroom, of course.  Father is washing his hands after having his tea.
 
 He wishes the mirror was a little higher over the sink- he practically has to stoop down to see himself!  
 
 "But I guess Mrs. Gold needs to see herself, too, and it's not worth a fight!" he decides.  That's a good husband, Mr. Gold!
 
And so there you have it!  A little tour of one of my favorite houses- hope you enjoyed it!  I'll add it to my other dollhouse tours over on the right sidebar.  I'm getting close to finished on a couple other houses, so I'll show you those soon, as well!

8 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I really love this house. Your photos are wonderful. I always struggle with lighting when I take my macro shots of my miniature work. I never seen that pink mixer before and I especially love the pink tea set. Lots of lovely details. Your family members are fabulous. Another wonderful estate to add to your amazing collection.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh, this is so much more entertaining than what's on TV right now! I chuckled through the whole post. :)

Have you made any books out of your posts? You should!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I loved this tour very much. Mother Gold is darling. I agree with Kim, your photographs are excellent - the curtains turned out perfect.

Unknown said...

Oh, that little kitchen is to die for! And that little piano,and your little curtains, and the little rolling pin, and the little pink rug, and that stairwell.......
LOVE LOVE it all!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Corey I love your charming dollhouse. I have been having so much fun looking for furniture for my vintage dollhouse. As a matter of fact I just purchased the family today for it. LOL. Second childhood?? LOL.

xo Danielle

Simply Shelley said...

I feel like I have been for a visit and we just had a wonderful time playing with your dollhouse :) So much fun too.....thanks for the tour....blessings

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I wonder if everyone who reads this post has a smile on their face like I do! It's like I can't help it. It's so sweet, and the tiniest bit funny. lol I can't believe all the details. Love the dollhouse and buggy in the nursery!
Thanks for sharing.
Erica :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously cute! I love all the vintage-y furniture & colors...and, that pink mixer is adorbable. Every time I see your dollhouses it gets me inspired to tackle mine with a make-over..they aren't nifty vintage ones but I need to get them out of the '80s look.