Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Umm, Yeah, Another One....

So, I was sitting in carpool line a couple weeks ago (and we all know how fun that can be), when I got a call from my mother.  "I know I shouldn't even be calling you about this, but I'm at a flea market with your aunt, and there's this dollhouse...", she said.  Dollhouse?  Dollhouse?  My ears perked up.  She described it, and I was positive I recognized it as a Keystone house, but I asked her to send a photo just in case...

 I got the photo and immediately called her back, "Yes!  Yes!  Buy it!  Buy it!!  How much is it?"  

"Well, she had it marked at $49, but she said we could have it for $35...,"she says.  

"BUY IT!!!"  I shouted!  Well, maybe not shouted- I was in carpool line after all.  But I do admit that for the next 10 minutes, I couldn't help but let out random squeals of excitement every so often!  What's funny is that I had bid on this exact same model on Ebay a few weeks ago, and it went for MUCH MORE than $35, I'll tell you!

So, as I said, this was a couple weeks ago, and my mom wasn't coming back into town until a couple days ago, so I've been waiting and waiting to see it in person!  Finally, on Wednesday, she brought it to me.  It was quite grimy, so I did a lot of scrubbing and cleaning, but now it looks beautiful!  

The garage actually opens up half-way!  I should have taken a picture...

 Here's the inside- staircase and fireplace are both intact- the only thing missing is the front door.

 There are light sockets and battery brackets for lights in each room, so I will have to have my husband investigate whether they are functioning or not.

 One thing I love is how each stair is worn just as real stairs would be- some little girl must have spent a lot of time making her dolls go up and down the stairs!

 Here is is on its shelf.  It fits without an 1/8" to spare!!!  Just perfect!!

And another shot of my ever-expanding collection.  I need to fix the shelving for those two houses towards the bottom- they're a little jerry-rigged in there!

So, umm, yeah, I got another one.  I just can't help myself!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your new doll house, it does fit right in!
~Dorothy~

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm squealing about your newest acquisition!! It's FABULOUS! Have fun decorating!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Oh I'm soo happy for you! Sometimes our mom's really come through for us with great vintage stuff! Your collection is amazing!
Congrats-
Erica :)

Simply Shelley said...

I am having fun seeing your collection grow...love the colors on this one...mom did good ;)
Blessings

OliversForest said...

so exciting! your mom is awesome!

Tammy's in Love said...

We are personally addicted to Dept 56 houses; and I tell ya, if I got one for 35.00 back in the days of heavy buying that would have been a STEAL! Your treasure looks like NEW! Formula 409 and elbow grease must be the ticket! Absolutely great collection of Real Estate!

Unknown said...

I recently came upon your blog and spent a whole evening looking back through your posts. You have such a beautiful collection of vintage goodies and the most adorable children! I am especially enjoying your dollhouses and am getting the itch to start my own collection!

My Vintage Mending said...

Corey...this is becoming very unfair! How gorgeous is this. The yellow is amazing......so glad they are finding their way to you.