Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Family Name Plaque

This is something I made several months ago, but never got around to sharing with you.  It is a sign with our last name, the year we were married, and all of our names on it.  There are tons of these on Etsy, but they're pretty expensive, and I couldn't find any with the exact look I wanted.  So I decided to make one!

I knew I could handle doing the painting of the background and the flourish, but I didn't feel I was up to hand-lettering the whole thing!  I don't have a Silhouette machine, but there are people on Etsy who will do custom-lettering on the Silhouette for you.  So I ordered the vinyl lettering, and it worked wonderfully!  It was much cheaper than ordering the whole thing, and I was able to get the exact font and size I needed.

 I knew exactly where I wanted it to hang, so I customized the colors and size for this spot over our bed.

 The kids love to stand on the bed and point out everyone's names!


6 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such a special plaque! Your bedroom is just gorgeous. Love the rich colors.

My Vintage Mending said...

Corey there is nothing you cannot do I am sure of it. I kept waiting for the link to see where to buy it? This is a beautiful room. You can find the bird clips at Amazon. They come in a bag of mixed colors and are darling...smiles...Renee

Jane said...

Gorgeous indeed!

vintage grey said...

Absolutely beautiful Corey!! Love the colors, too!! Have a great day!! xo Heather

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

What a beautiful bedroom Corey!
Your handmade sign looks very professional too.
Erica :)

OliversForest said...

you are so crafty! looks like you've found a new calling...