Pages

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Some More Decorating...

 As I've mentioned before, we're slowly redecorating our family room. We got new couches which oriented the room a bit differently, so I've been working on this wall where the old couch used to go.
 
 Here's a shot from the kitchen area looking in.  You can see a bit of the sofa table I showed here.  I'm still looking for the perfect large chair or chaise to go in the spot where that basket is sitting.
 
 My globe collection has grown...
 
 It's so nice to be able to look at some of my favorite things every day...
 
 The three vintage puzzles represent Avery (kitty), Noah (puppy), and Riley (cowboy).
 
 And the vintage books represent the three kids as well!
 
 The cabinet originally had glass doors on all the sections, but I removed the ones on the two sides so I'd have more display space!  The baskets behind the glass doors hold our DVD's.
 
 Oh, how I love this little phone!  I splurged and bought it for myself a couple birthdays ago.
 
 I always love plants scattered around...
 
 Some of our books, organized by reading level for the boys.
 
 Such pretty, pretty colors!
 
 My little tin dollhouse has plastic furniture inside, so that the kids can play when they want.
 
 Just some of the many pieces of doll furniture in here!
 
 
 
Guess where more vintage doll furniture ended up?  On my mantle!  You saw it with the vintage books here.  I didn't figure it would stay like that for long, but I like this arrangement quite a bit, so maybe this one will stay a little longer!
 
I added the burlap ribbon and the trees to jazz it up a bit.
 
 Just like on the other wall, I've represented the three kids with these three little dressers and the books on top.
 
Riley is the little boy on the largest dresser,...
 
...Noah is in the middle, and Avery is Little Bo Peep on the smallest dresser!
 
 
I know I've only showed you bits and pieces of the room.  That's because the rest is still in flux, awaiting more furniture and more DIY efforts by my husband.  But I'm having fun with what I can, as you can see!  And, if you know me, you know that a lot of this is likely to change within a few months anyway!!
 

7 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

So many wonderful ideas. I love how you used the doll bed as book storage. Really lovely.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a fun room! I love all your doll furniture and the pink phone is wonderful!

Diane Mars said...

Corey, I love how everything works so well together, I sure would enjoy sitting back and enjoying all the eye candy. That pink shelf with the puzzles on it is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing sure was fun!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Totally fabulous. I must send this blog post to my mother. She and I are in love with your doll furniture. Your vignettes are just wonderful. Love all the vintage toy goodness.

Carly said...

I absolutely love your decor in your family room ;) ! I love the way you incorporated your lovely vintage with your lil ones! So sweet! Have a great week! Thanks for some inspiration!
xoxo Carly

Unknown said...

How adorable! I love the way you hung your children's books with the clips, why didn't I think of that??
Thanks for sharing!
Dorothy

Simply Shelley said...

As I always say...I love your style :) Its wonderful....blessings friend