Pages

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Newborn Cuteness & Other Nice Things

As promised, here are some more photos of little miss Avery, in all her girly cuteness! I can't believe she is already three weeks old!

She was definitely "worth the wait"...

These sepia ones below are from a little photoshoot I did of her. I did the same thing with my boys at this age, so it's always neat to see how they compare with each other.


Love little baby yawns!


And here she is in her first tu-tu. I found it at Goodwill, and just couldn't resist!

At 10 lbs, she's a big newborn, but when I catch a glimpse her up on my shoulder like this, I'm reminded of how tiny she really is- love it!

This child's been smiling since the day we brought her home from the hospital-and I swear they're real smiles, not just gas!

Big eyes, up on Grandma's shoulder...

I've been much more creatively inspired lately, so have done some work in the kids' journals. Here is the last spread in Avery's pregnancy journal- her "arrival" page. I've written out the timeline of her labor so that I can remember each step!


Here is the last page in Noah's current journal. It's about his obsession with "doing things myself"! Ah, the life of a two-year-old...!



And I also have finished Riley's most recent book. This is the cover. I love this puppy dog graphic!



Of course, despite trying to take care of two toddlers and a newborn, I've still managed to do a little thrifting! (it helps that my husband is still out on paternity leave!) I found this gorgeous vintage baby dress, as well as a little train planter and a wishing well bank.
I also found this adorable baby mobile that I'm deciding how to use. I adore the little hanging animals, but am not crazy about the bright graphics on the "umbrella" part of it. I'm trying to think of a cute way to use the animals in a project (not necessarily a mobile, but could be). In fact, does anyone have any good ideas?

Finally, I want to thank the sweet Jamie for this wonderful package she sent me full of baby planters and other goodies! I especially love the choo-choo train with the face!!


Thank you everyone, for all your congratulations and well wishes. It's been such a fun (albeit exhausting!) three weeks, but it's already going by way too fast! So bittersweet, knowing she's my last...

10 comments:

Elaine Kerr said...

I see three or four familiar objects in this post...all tucked away in boxes somewhere. Congratulations, Corey!!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Corey! Avery is SO sweet and beautiful!! What a doll! I love your adorable new journal pages and your cute vintage finds!!! Enjoy this wonderful newborn time. As you know it goes so quickly. I can't believe my little guy is already 4 months!
Michelle

susan said...

What a sweetie, congratulations on her arrival. I had two big boys, my second was over 10lbs newborn, but both tiny babies to me. Enjoy her newborn days.

Jane said...

Avery is a beautiful baby girl! Know you're really loving all that PINK now, Corey!! Enjoy this special time.
Jane - Jacksonville

Unknown said...

Your daughter is one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen! ANd yout crib mobile? I had that for my firstborn over 29 years ago......what a memory that evoked! Thank you for sharing the photos!

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

Oh my goodness. You are just in baby heaven. Wonderful sweet Avery. Enjoy every precious moment.

Shona Cole said...

Oh, she is so beautiful, and what big eyes!
I am impressed with your pages too. Lovely.

ittybittybirdy said...

CONGRATS! oh she is such a doll! What a lucky gal you are to have such a beautiful family.

Erika Tysse said...

Congrats to all of you! I have been a bit away from blog land so sorry this is 6 weeks overdue! hope you are all well and that you adjusting. I know all about having 3 little ones, however, not at the same time. best of luck.

Gwyneth said...

Hi Corey!
Congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your beautiful daughter. Cherish the time! It is my daughter's 18th birthday today! Seems like just yesterday she was a newborn like your little treasure!

Just wanted to thank you, also, for your wonderful book "The Art Of Personal Imagery." I know this may sound corny, but it has literally changed my life! I've started a project to do one small collage a day, documenting the big and small events of my life. Your book helped open my eyes to the sacred beauty of every day life.

I warmly invite you to visit me at my blog anytime where you can see some of my collage work, and also my garden home. Best wishes to you and your sweet family!
Gwyn www.gwynsgarden.blogspot.com