Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Little Art & Family Pics

I've made the time this week to do a couple spreads in Avery's journal.  I've been busy trying to play catch-up with the boys' journals, so I've neglected hers a bit lately.
 
 First is a spread about writing her name- she's really grown up a lot in the past couple months, and her brain seems to be putting things together so much more easily than it did before.  This includes writing her name.  I was so lucky to find the vintage image of the little girl writing to include in the piece!
 
And then this spread about she and me.  It's so fun getting to spend alone time with her while the boys are at school- I hope that it's strengthening our bond as being the two girls in the family.  She loves to point out that, "It's just two girls!" when we're together! 
 
 
I also wanted to show you the family photos my sister took of us.  I wanted a recent photo to include in our Christmas cards, and also to hang on the wall in our family room.  It was a tough session, trying to get a shot where we all looked decent.  And it got even harder when Avery bonked her head right at the beginning and started crying!  But we got through it and came out with some acceptable photos!
 
 
 The one above is what will be on our Christmas card.
 
And this is the one I ordered to hang on the wall.
 
Well, in case I don't make it back here before Thanksgiving, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!  I feel so blessed to have the kind of lifestyle where I can do things like make art, shop for antiques, play with dollhouses, and hang family photos. I'm so thankful for that, and I'm also thankful that I'm able to keep a blog where I can share those things with all of you!  Happy Thanksgiving!
 

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Beautiful family pictures. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

OliversForest said...

beautiful family photos! oliver writes his 'R' the exact same way as avery!

vintage grey said...

Such beautiful family photos!! Have a wonderful weekend! xo Heather