Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Meet Milo

 Meet the newest member of our family, Milo.  He is an 8 week old Pekingese that we adopted from a rescue organization. 
 
We've been talking about getting a dog for a while now, and had planned to do it over the summer so the kids could have time to play with it.  But we just hemmed and hawed about it, and weren't coming to any decisions about anything...
 
 ...Until we saw this adorable face pop up while doing an internet search on nearby rescue organizations!  My husband had a Pekingese while growing up, so was familiar with the breed. 
 
 So we hopped in the car, and two hours later we had a new member of our family!
 
 As you can see, he is soaking up all the love here!
 
 He is the sweetest little thing!
 
 I mean really, how can you resist that little face?
 
Or that tongue?
 
He is definitely going to fit right in here, and the kids are so excited about having a dog!  Frankly, I'm pretty excited myself.  I've only had cats as an adult (we had both dogs and cats when I was a kid), so it's been a while since I've had a canine friend around.   Once the kids are back in school, I know I'll appreciate having a little buddy to keep me company!
 
And although he loves playing with the kids, I'm sure he's also going to appreciate having some peace and quiet once they're back in school as well!  As you can see, they really get him tuckered out!
 

9 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Milo is absolutely adorable, and I can see how much your kids love him already! What a nice a addition to your little family. :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Milo is just precious. I just want to kiss that sweet little furry face.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Milo is precious. I just want to kiss that sweet furry face.

Diane Mars said...

Oh what a darling addition to the family and the kids are old enough to help out with his upkeep. My grand peep Amelie wants a dog but she is just starting first grade and so not quite ready to handle the chores that go along with it. So happy to see your kiddos enjoying their pet! Hugs from California, Diane

Jane said...

What a cutie!

Jane said...

What a cutie!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

He is adorable!! Lucky kiddos!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Milo is so cute. I am sure he will be well loved by all in your family.

xo Danielle

Simply Shelley said...

So cute. Enjoy him, looks like the kiddos sure are. Very sweet. Blessings friend