Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Redecorating

 Well, here's the progress on the dollhouse from my last post
 
 As you can see, it's had a complete re-vamp!  Both outside...
 
 ...and inside!
 
 I purchased several sheets of vintage wallpaper from Etsy in order to redecorate.
 
 I know that the wallpaper is not to scale of the dollhouse, but I actually like that.
 
 I think it looks a little more authentic, like some mother used scraps of the wallpaper from her own house in order to furnish the dollhouse.
 
 This mother had "shabby chic" taste before it was cool!
 
 
Here are the before and after photos.

Otis's official report reads, "Buyer has done an excellent job of working with this run-down house.  Looks like it could be a good opportunity for a flip, or perhaps I'll move in myself."

Now it's time to decorate!  Amazingly enough, I actually already have a ton of furniture that will fit this scale, so I'm looking forward to it!
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH Corey,
You did an excellent job revamping-it looks amazing and I absolutely adore the wall papers!
Can't wait to see it all furnished. Wishing you a blessed day,
Teresa,
sugar, spice and whatever's nice

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the wall paper too!! I can't wait to see more and I'm not surprised you have a stash of furniture!!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

It's looking good, Corey! I'm going to think of you as the Rehab Addict of doll houses! I love the oversize floral wallpaper. I think it adds a kind of mod element to the rooms. Kitty likes it too.

Patti said...

I love the wallpaper!!!! I was thinking of using scrapbook paper on my little house. I've got to watch and see what you do with the furniture! I want to paint my little stove a blue or green color with tiny handpainted roses. What do you think?