Pages

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Progress...

I've gotten a couple more things done in the past few days, amidst the naps, the feedings, the trips to the store, and the games of "I'm gonna get you!". Firstly, I made a slipcover for the crib bumper to match the new curtains in Noah's room. Here's a photo of him on top of it.

It isn't in the crib yet because I still need to add the ties that attach it into the crib. But I think it came out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! And the most amazing thing is that the only fabric I purchased for it was the offwhite chenille for about $9! Everything else was from my fabric stash- it really didn't take a lot of any one kind of fabric, but it did take lots and lots of small "squares" of different fabrics. But I think it's the cutest! Next step in there is to paint the walls (that's Jason's territory, so it will have to take a place in his endless queue of "honey-do's"...).

I also finished the first spread in Noah's book. It's a spread about the details of his birth. I did a similar one in Riley's book when he was born. I am just so afraid that I'll forget the details of how things took place, so I wanted to get them down on paper. This birth was so different from Riley's. With Riley, I had an epidural for probably a good 10 hours, so I was so much more aware of everything that was happening since I wasn't in pain. But without an epidural during Noah's birth, I wasn't able to focus on anything but my pain, so I sort of feel like I missed a lot. But oh well, it was different, but it was still as wonderful!

So anyway, I also used some significant items in this piece. The "It's a Boy" plastic piece was in a bouquet of flowers sent by Noah's grandfather when he was born. And the blue crepe paper was hanging from a "Welcome Home, Noah!" sign that his aunt made when we returned from the hospital. I always like to use mementoes like this when possible. In fact, there's a whole section in my book about it!

I'm not sure what my next project will be. Maybe I'll start doing some work in Riley's room... I'll keep you all posted!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet sweet baby.......love your art journal pages. Can't wait to see more. I just found your blog, but don't remember how. So many links , so little time!

UK Girl said...

What a beautiful baby, he looks so at home on that bumper, must know it was sewed with lots of love. As a Mummy of two boys (7 and 1) I know you have your hands full now :-)

Kind regards,

Paula (UK Girl)

Holly Loves Art said...

What a darling little baby. And how very, very special to be creating such a lovely book. I always loved the other one you made for Riley. You're so clever and talented.

mine said...

Noah is a very handsome baby. Congratulations. I love your work! And the pictures of you pregnant at the beach are beautifully artistic. I wish I'd had some taken so I could look back and celebrate the pregnancies. Pregnancy amnesia always helps the appreciation along a bit, I find!

Rosa said...

Love the bumper and love the book. I don't know how you do it. I'd still be zombified!