Okay, so on to some vintage finds for the week. As I mentioned, I only have one child to take care of while Riley's in school, and Noah is MUCH easier to shop with than Riley, so he got to accompany me to lots of fun places! An antique mall and a couple different thrift shops, lucky him!
All of these guys except for the little girl came from Goodwill (she was at the antique mall). I love the bunny headvase-he fits in so well with my other headvases, but also with my various "cute animal" planters, and he still has his sticker and 1963 date on the bottom!
Lastly, I was tagged by Erika to tell "Six Strange Things" about myself. I know I've done this before, but I'm sure I can come up with a few more quirks! Here goes:
1. I have a thrift store obsession. It's probably fairly obvious, but perhaps not for the reason you think. While you may think I go for the collectibles, I really go for the toys. I am strangely obsessed with getting good toys for CHEAP. I would be embarassed to show you how many toys my kids have (it's enough to outfit a small daycare, for sure!), but I swear, I didn't pay more than $2 for the majority of them! I go to thrift stores at least three times a week (I would go more often,but we just don't have very good ones around here!). My husband thinks I'm crazy, but he can't really complain, seeing as it's such a cheap hobby! And the collectibles that I find are really a bonus!
2. I also have a "cute skirt" obsession. I own more skirts than I can count, but again, see my above quirk. I get most of them at thrift shops! If you've never looked at skirts at your local thrift shop, take a look- people get rid of a lot of really cute ones!
3. You may not know if after reading the above quirks, but I am also really into "minimizing". I constantly go through our stuff (toys and skirts included) and get rid of anything we don't need or use. It's a good thing our community has a biannual garage sale, because I've always got a pile to get rid of!
4. My current favorite sandwich is avocado and mayonnaise on toast-yum!
5. Can't remember if I've listed this before, but I have almost no sense of smell.
6. I'm embarassed to admit it, but I'm strangely fascinated by a lot of pre-teen sort of TV shows. Right now, one of my current faves is iCarly (a Disney show). Granted, I only watch it when I'm looking for something mindless, but I have to admit I like it!
Okay, whew! My arm's about to fall off! I hope you all have a great week!