I did another painting last week (you know, since I'm not thrifting these days....!). It's quite large, probably about 20x24, which is larger than I typically work. I'm still deciding whether I'm completely happy with it. It feels like there's almost too much going on for my taste, but maybe I'm just not used to such a busy piece.
Anyway, it didn't start out looking like that. I took a couple of process photos at the beginning, just because I think it's fun to see the progression.
Here was the first layer I did. Mostly just random shapes and light washes.
Then I went in and covered a bunch of that up! This layer looks pretty ugly, but you can start seeing the arch shapes that result in the finished piece.
After that, I forgot to take photos, but at least you can see where some of it started!
As you can see, the majority of the beginning painting has been covered over, but I never regret doing all the layers. Each step sort of dictates the next, so it all leads me to the finished piece.
In other news, I've been working in Avery's room quite a bit. I've moved the changing table out (even though she's still not potty-trained- ugh!), which gave me room to do a little redecorating. I am LOVING the results. Soon I'll show you- it's pure vintage girly heaven!!!