Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Happy Birthday, 8 Year Old!

 This handsome guy turned eight over the weekend! 
 
 He's becoming so smart and mature and wonderful!
 
We brought him sub sandwiches for lunch, and he wasn't a bit embarrassed to eat with us!  I'm holding on tight to these days, because I know the embarrassment is coming soon!
 
This year was all about the Legos.  Quite suddenly, all my kids have become obsessed with them, which is fine with me, because at least they're easy to store (we've got a color-coding system).
 
 I saw a few versions of this style of Lego cake on Pinterest, and I tried making my own. (Actually, the cake is a store bought one, but I "Lego-fied" it myself).  It's supposed to look like the cake is made from Legos with frosting on top- I think it sort of works, although the ones on Pinterest were much better!
 
 No complaints here though!
 
 Then we finished off the weekend by going to LEGOLAND, which was of course a big hit!
 
  Driving his own Lego car!
 
All in all, it was a fun birthday weekend with this awesome kid!  Happy Birthday, Riley!
 

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Birthday blessings to your 8 year old! Such sweet pictures. I love the lego theme. Josie LOVES legos. I will have to share this cake idea with her. Perhaps, her 8th birthday in June will also have a lego theme!