Pages

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

My Christmas House, part 1

 
Hi All, I know it's been quiet here lately.  I've been up to my eyeballs in various projects, some of which are completed, and some of which are still in progress.  Many of the projects were related to getting the house decorated for Christmas!  I've spent the last several days working non-stop on getting it all done, and today, I'm going to share part of it with you!  I took so many photos, I decided I'd split things up into two posts.  Today will be my front room, and my next post will show the great room.
 
 
So, welcome!  The wreaths on our doors are ones I made last year- they're up all year, and I just added the silver glitter words on for the season. 
 
 
Above is the view you see as you enter.
 
 
 Just to the left is a little wall where this is hanging.  I found this large barnwood piece on clearance at Marshall's a few weeks ago.  I'm still determining how to use it permanently (it has a cut-out hole behind some of those Santa pictures, which I'm trying to work around!).  But for now, I put up all our Santa photos, a few vintage book pages, and a vintage stocking.  The empty space at the bottom will be for this year's photo, which we haven't had taken yet.
 
 To the right is our big Christmas tree.  There's another smaller one in the great room (the "kid's" tree), which I'll show you in my next post.
 
Another shot of the tree...
 
 This year, I changed up all my colors.  I used to have maroon and gold accents on the tree, but this year I changed to turquoise, aged silver, and red, with touches of burlap.  I love the way it turned out!
 
 I put all the more muted ornaments on this tree and left the brighter-colored ones for the "kid's tree".
 
 In the background, you an see my computer desk with this year's Christmas dollhouse on top!
 
 Every year, I seem to have a different dollhouse to decorate for Christmas.  This is the one I chose this year, since it was out in this room already!
 
 It's an FAO Schwarz Keystone house with Erna Meyer dolls as the owners.  Everyone's waving "Hello" to us, even Santa!
 
 Over on the main wall is this cabinet which I always decorate. 
 
 This year, I decided to keep things a little more low-key in here, leaving some of my regular furnishings inside, and just accenting with Christmas décor.  (I actually went through and purged a lot of my vintage Christmas décor and put it on Ebay this morning!  Take a look if you'd like!)
 
 First, I'll show you the top of the cabinet.  Those two mannequin figures are from Ballard Designs- I love them!!  I got the church at HomeGoods, and I made the ornament wreath a few years ago.
 
 It's so hard taking photos of the shelves in this cabinet because of the glass doors!  So I pushed them aside when I could to show you the insides.
 
As you can see, the doll furniture has even crept its way into my Christmas décor!
 
 Dang reflections!
 
 Those little Santa mugs fit perfectly in the old soda crate- wouldn't it be cute to be able to fill the whole crate with them?
 
 Here is a nice reflection of our kitty, Sushi!
 
 And over in another corner is a table with nativity sets on it.  This is the first year I've had them in a place where little hands can reach- it will be fun to see the kids play with them- gently, of course!
 
 
Well, that about covers my front room!  Here is a sneak peek at my next post, our great room- that's where the real fun begins!!
 
(If you'd like to see photos of my past Christmas décor, you can look here, here, here, or here...)
 

5 comments:

Chelsea Ann said...

Dang, I totally came across a set of 6 of those Santa mugs a few weeks back - and only for a few buckaroos. But I was being "good" and walked away... I totally would have sent them your way.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Any chance I have an opportunity to visit your house makes me smile. Your home is gorgeous. Love all your special details. That doll house is perfectly sweet all decked out for Christmas.

PS. My Christmas dollhouse post is finally up today!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh wow, what collections you have! Wonderful! Love all the Santa's. Have a great rest of your week,
Gina

Blessed Serendipity said...

Corey your place is magically beautiful. I love it all. I am looking forward to seeing more.

xo Danielle

vintage grey said...

So, so wonderful and such Christmas goodness every where! I have those same cute white mice! xo Heather