Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Just In Time For December!

 We got started with Christmas decorations early this year- I swear I was ready as soon as Halloween was over!  It's taken a couple weeks of working here and there, but I'm just about done.  Anyway, this post isn't a full tour, but I wanted to show you the new advent calendar I made this morning.
 
 I've seen trees like this around the web, and knew I had to make one for myself when I found the rustic wood strips at Hobby Lobby (like I used for this frame). 
 
I raided my stash of vintage ornaments and found ones that were a good size.
 
  There are twenty-five nails, one for each day of December.
 
 Here you can see that it still looks pretty even when it isn't full of ornaments.
 
 I put these wire baskets out to hold the ornaments until they are hung.
 
 And here it is with no ornaments- still just as pretty!
 
Now it's ready to begin the month tomorrow!  I think I'll let the kids take turns picking out which ornament to hang- I wonder which one they'll choose first?
 

4 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I've been anxiously awaiting Christmas decor from you. Love this advent tree so much. The kitschy ornaments are perfect.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Adorable! I think your children are going to have so much fun choosing which ornament to hang each day, and now they've got a new Christmas tradition to remember. I can't wait to see the rest!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Corey! Your advent tree is such a fun idea and so cute! I can't wait to see more of your Christmas decor!!
Michelle xo

Two Moms and a Gma said...

Oh I love the wooden Xmas tree...and how you worked all the pinks and pastels into the Xmas theme (which still maintains the vintage vibe). Love!