Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June

Well, it's June!  The kids are home, and it's been a battle to keep them busy.  I can't say that I'm always successful, but here's a sampling of what's been going on around here lately!
 
We started out the summer with Avery's dance recital.  She was in three numbers this year- gymnastics, ballet, and tap.
 
 I loved her ballet costume- such pretty teal and cream colors!
 
And how sassy is she in her fancy tap costume?
 
In Florida, a lot of our free time is spent inside, since it can get so hot outside during the summer.  Off come the cushions and pillows for some flying time!
 
 Noah's usually the one who gets this game going.
 
 But of course Avery will join in.
 
 And even Riley will make a few flights!
 
 On Father's Day, we went blueberry picking!
 
We found lots of blueberries before the heat became too unbearable.
 
 It was 9:00 in the morning and already mid 80's.  By the end of our time, we were completely drenched!
 
 Avery bowed out about 15 minutes in, and kept herself busy monitoring the buckets!
 
One good way to beat the heat is with water balloons!!
 
 Great shot!
 
But Noah had his own plans...
 
 Another great shot!
 
 Avery had a hard time filling them, but had fun watching the leaks squirt out!
 
One more shot to the back!
 
 Noah has spent a lot of time folding origami characters this summer.  I gave him this shutter to display them all.
 
 Both my boys are pretty good at cartooning, and I love to look at all the different expressions he puts on these guys!
 
 Avery and I worked together to make this clock for her room!
 
 We were inspired by the clock I saw here on the Cakies blog.  Avery loved the idea that we could make our own pom-poms!
 
It's a real working clock.  She's just learning to tell time, and she wanted a clock in her room to practice!
 
http://rileyslegos.blogspot.com/
And finally, Riley has been working on creating his own blog (with Mom's help, of course)!  He'd be over the moon if anyone decided to leave him a comment or two!!  Here's the link, if you'd like to check it out: http://rileyslegos.blogspot.com/
 
 
Well, I hope everyone's having a great summer- staying busy and beating the heat!
 
 

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Cute pics. Best wishes keeping everyone entertained this summer. I can't imagine your FL heat. My hair would be a frizzy disaster in your summer conditions. I will definitely have to share Riley's lego blog with Josie. She would be glad to leave him a comment. She's working on a Ninjago lego set that she purchased with her bday money. No girlie toys for her this year.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Your kids are so creative, just like you! I love that clock! I went to Riley's blog and left a few comments. My boys love Legos, too! Those are some great shots you took of the water balloon fight! So fun and great memories!
Michelle

Unknown said...

The kids have gotten so big!!! Madeline and I will be copying the clock idea. So beautiful!