Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Art and Cute Kids

Here is my latest piece.  I know I said I was enjoying working without collage elements, but I sort of wanted to do a more personal piece about my family right now.  So I included the bunnies to represent each member, then wrote words around the "path", detailing some of the things I want to remember about this time.

I think I really like the piece.  I loved choosing the colors for the little triangles, coming up with the perfect balance of cools, warms, lights, darks.  But I can't decide if the piece is too busy as a result.  There's a lot going on, but maybe it all just works.  I don't know- I'll have to let it sit for a few days and see what I think then...

( The reason the one bunny is on top of the smaller house is because Noah loves climbing on top of our little playhouse in the backyard!)


I realized I haven't shown that many photos of the kids recently.  Partially because stupid Blogger still downloads all my vertical photos sideways.   I take 90% of my photos vertically, but I was able to find some good horizontal ones to show so that I don't have to go through and manually save each one as a JPEG!

Someone turned 4!

As you can see, Avery gets lots of extra help (and rides!) from her big brothers.  We're all really enjoying our weather here lately.  It's GORGEOUS out in Florida right now, and we're taking full advantage, before the hot summer comes!

Hope you're all enjoying the beginnings of Spring as well!

6 comments:

s a n s k u :) said...

i think the painting is great.

and you have such CUTE kids.

no spring here in alberta canada yet. it snowed today. it's been the longest winter ever. :(

lindaharre said...

What beautiful children!!!!! I love the collage above the photos as well.....always love to see what you have come up with next! Forever inspiring me:D

Anonymous said...

I love your painting. I love the coloured triangles. It is busy but doesn't that reflect family life really well! Your kids are adorable - it made me nostalgic for mine when they were smaller...

Daniele Valois said...

I am soooo in love with this painting. I love the collage elements, which I cannot do without! I think this one is my very favorite. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Your children are getting so big.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

So adorable, both your sweet babies and your artwork!!!
Michelle

Stacy Hart said...

love the art, its so interesting and colorful! i'm definitely going to try out the 'rest time' advice, thanks!