Pages

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Dramatic...


Time to start on a new journal for Avery, since I finished her last one.  This book is a little larger than her others, and I like the bigger size.  This spread is about her many DRAMATIC moods.  This girl is so melodramatic, so much more so than the boys ever were!  Girls definitely are wired differently, of which I'm constantly being reminded!

While I was working on the page, I kept thinking about this "stubborn" face that she makes.  Noah makes it, too.  They furrow their brows and look at you from underneath, trying to look so mean.  I looked through an old photo album and found this photo of myself from the 1970's.  I guess I can see where they're getting it from now!














And it's time again for Little Vintage Style!  (I'll also link up to Small Style on Thursday.)

 
 For a change of scenery, I took some photos of Avery playing in our playroom this week. I pulled out a couple vintage toys, and let her go at it! 

 This little sundress is perfect for the summertime with the cute little boat applique.  And it's also perfect for taking the babies for a walk!

 This stroller was my sister's when she was young, and it's been in my parents' attic.  Avery hasn't been too interested in dolls until now, but this stroller is just the right height and weight for her, and she loves pushing it around!

 Bye-bye for now! 


16 comments:

s a n s k u :) said...

oh my goodness! i think this is my favorite of all your journal pages. love it! the messy picture is adorable! love it! :)

sew grown said...

So cute! I love that photo of you making the same face. Now we know!

A bird in the hand said...

You really do look alike!!
I just want to reach into the monitor and give Avery a big huge squishy hug. Thanks for the heart-opening photos. xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh golly, she is totally adorable! I love that little sundress and that stroller - oh my - the little dinky seat at the back is fabulous!

MissShapes said...

Haha, those pictures of you and her side by side are hilarious! I love those expressions!! :-)

And the outfit of course is SUPER CUTE, just like your daughter!

Unknown said...

so we obviously have the same taste....girl clothes so similar and I think our children have all the same vintage toys. great idea putting the tank under the romper in another small style post. i haven't thought of that ... but it is a lot less revealing. :) come see me again sometime!

Lil Muse Lily said...

She looks lovely as always!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That is a perfect sun dress!

Steph

Unknown said...

OMG I can't get over how much she looks like you :)

Sandy xox

Jessie said...

That shirt is too sweet for words! I love her little pony tails :)

Morgan said...

Avery is so precious! I love that little sundress.

So funny that she got that look from you. My kids have a furrowed brow look, too and we call it "the Douglas" because that's my dad's name. He does it, my sister and I did it, and now all my kids do it. Hilarious!

Thanks so much for linking up at Small Style! :)

Unknown said...

That dress is so darling! And her pigtails are too cute.

Edith's Closet said...

Love her dress! And her wee pigtails are so sweet!

Stacy Hart said...

she looks just like you! so cute, i love the sundress, and that stroller is adorable as well!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

adorable pics hun!! Wow!! She is getting so big!! I know you said the same about my kiddos! lol. It is true. They all grow so fast!! hope you are doing great!! hugs!! Britt :-)

Hannah Avery said...

She is so cute in that little sundress with that little stroller! Thanks for commenting on my blog post about skirts. I love to find them at thrift stores too! Have an awesome day!

-Hannah