Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Toy Cars

First of all, let me say thank you to those of you who reassured me that I'm not losing my own unique style when I use storebought scrapbook items. Like I said, you sort of lose perspective when you are looking at your own stuff so much...

I did a piece for Riley today. I'm starting out the week very productively, I must say! Two pieces of art and it's only Tuesday! This one's about his newfound fondness for toy cars and trucks. Having only wanted daughters, I honestly never would have thought I'd find it so cute to see a little boy play with cars and trucks! But, as he does again and again, Riley has changed my mind about all things "little boy". He's paving the way for his little brother quite well!

I'm still putting some finishing touches in his new room, but I'll post photos soon!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the vintage automoblies you used and the ledger paper (I collect them, can't seem to stop:). I never thought of myself as a car gal, but many hours have been spent on the floor playing chase.

Anonymous said...

Your work always speaks of Corey and no one else! Lovin all the new album pages, and the Nursery is wonderful! Hope New Motherhood is treating you well!!!

Anonymous said...

Your art, gorgeous as always! So fun to study and admire.

Anonymous said...

Loving the new art! It would take a lot for your works to look like everyone else's, you definitely have a unique style (which is why I can't wait for your book!!). Thanks for sharing!