Pages

Monday, April 30, 2007

A Couple Cute Projects

I've been working on a couple different projects. First was painting a wooden rocking horse that Riley got for Christmas. Although four months late, I guess he should be lucky that it got painted in time for next Christmas! It came out pretty cute. I sanded it down and applied an antiquing glaze to give it a vintage, time-worn look, but my hope is that Riley and Noah will play with it enough to give it an authentic "well-loved" patina themselves.


Then, I also made a couple pillows that are almost too cute for words! The fronts of these are from T-shirts that don't really fit, but I love the colors and images. So how easy to make them into pillows! I used some old quilt squares that Linda sent me some time ago, and put some pom-pom trim between, and voila! The cutest pillows you've ever seen! And I may also mention that I was able to complete each one during one of Riley's naps- even better! Now to go pilfering through my closet for some more old T-shirts...

It may be a while before this is done, but I've gotten the urge to do a larger piece in the same style as the kids' baby books. The books are small-under 8"x10"-and I've got a 2 foot by 2 foot piece of masonite to work on. I'll let you know how it goes- it's been a while since I've done anything larger, so I'm interested to see how it will turn out!

5 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

You've been busy! Wowza. That horse is adorable, and the pillows are Fab.

Riley looks so big now :)

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hello! What a lovely blog you have! I love your artwork and your book looks wonderful!! The cover alone is so inspiring! Those pillows you made are so cute and so is the little rocking horse!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

gasp! Your pillows are wonderful!! The pom-pom trim really makes them extra special.

Anonymous said...

It's just amazing how big Riley is getting--sheesh, time flies! Oh and by the way, I tagged you! Check out my blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well first, I wanna tell you that rocking horse is so, so cute! You did a marvelous job and I love the colors and the vintage feel to it! Secondly, the pillows are great, too! Tee shirts? Great idea!

It's so fun to have you blogging again. I really enjoy coming here to see what wonderful things you're creating!