Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Lil' Vintage Story Books #2


Welcome to Lil' Vintage Story Books #2!  In this series, I'm sharing my favorite vintage children's books.  Feel free to link up with your own favorites as well! I'd love to find some "new" books that I haven't run across yet!


This week's book is one of my very favorites, for the illustrations.  It's called "Fun on the Animal Railroad".  It's written by Mary Windsor and illustrated by Vic Havel.  The copyright is 1951.

 If you can tell from the above photo, it actually opens out on both sides, so that it's four pages wide. 

 I think these little lambs are my favorite!



 Love these bunnies, too!

That's some excellent advice on the right page above! 



If you've been a follower of my blog for a while, you may recognize some of the characters from this book.  A big part of the reason I buy vintage children's books is for the illustrations to use in my collage artwork.  I've used the animals in this book in numerous pieces of art over the years (all copies of course-not the originals).  Below are some of these pieces.







Well, there you have it!  I'd love to see some of your favorites as well!  Grab a button to the right if you'd like, and share your own posts down below if you'd like to join in!










7 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such delightful graphics. Can't wait to see more! TGIF!

My Vintage Mending said...

The lambs are darling but those sweet little square glasses just do me in...smiles..Renee

OliversForest said...

oh, i just love these posts! do you mind if i put a link to your blog on my facebook??

GardenOfDaisies said...

These books are just darling!! This is such a fun meme, and I'll have to join in and share a book next week!

gabrielle said...

Wow I love your collages they are gorgeous

Karin said...

I love it...so adorable. Oh, how your work inspires me!

Unknown said...

More animals all dressed up! I love them!