Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

LVS- Hurray for Fall!

I'm finally able to dig into Avery's stash of long-sleeved vintage dresses!  At least for this week anyway-not sure what the weather will be next week...

This one is a Polly Flinders dress with hand-smocking and hand-embroidering. So sweet!  The sleeves actually ended up being closer to 3/4 length, but that worked perfect for the weather.

She was so nice for me this week!  We got out of the car, and she ran right over to the wall and stood against it for some photos.  This is a first!  Usually I need a helper entertaining her or props or bribes or something!  I hope maybe it's a new trend for her!

 I paired the dress with thrifted brown leggings, some ruffled socks, and cute little shoes (Angel brand).

Check out the other cuties this week at Hart & Sew and Mama Loves Papa!

And don't forget to check back on Friday for our second installment of Lil' Vintage Story Book!




11 comments:

Jane said...

This brought back memories - loved those cute Polly Flinders dresses when my girls were little!
Jane-Jacksonville

Anonymous said...

I adore her dress, it is just too cute! I love that she is ready to pose! I wish my kids would do that! I also love that you are doing the books on fridays! So fun :)

Ms Moppet said...

So cute! I actually made some dresses with hand smocking years ago, it was tedious but fun. cute little model too!

Anonymous said...

polly flinders is my favorite! love her little barrette too!

OliversForest said...

love that dress!

Mel said...

adorable sweetness... and the dress is cute too! ;o) she's growing up before our eyes (in this Mama loves Papa community).. its so fun when they actually 'dig' posing eh?!

Savouring Fall too!
Mel
www.needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com

ElizabethMJaocb said...

i love this dress. jess wears vintage dresses, shirts and smocks daily!!

and i love her little socks.

erica @ expatriababy said...

Okay....so I had totally forgotten about those bunny barrettes until now. And now I remember why I was in love with them as a kid.
Totally adorable, as always.

susan jakovina said...

She's adorable - love this dress on her!

gabrielle said...

Looking so sweet again this week. I see 'polly flinders' dresses on blogs and etsy and was wondering is this a name for this style of smocked dress or the actual label/brand name

Stacy Hart said...

very sweet! and i love your collage work in the other post!