Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

LVS, and Something New!

Another sweet pinafore dress this week.  How I love this style!!  Those ruffled sleeves get me every time!  Oh, I am just dreading the day that she's not going to let me dress her up anymore....

As you can see, we used My Little Pony's as props today.  I kept throwing them across the yard so that she'd go pick one up, so I could get some full-body shots of her dress! (And oops, looks like it should have been ironed!)

And, yes, there's also a cookie there in her hand for a bribe as well!

As with all of her vintage dresses, this was found thrifting...  And I'm not sure if you can tell from the photos, but she's also wearing a vintage Goody barrette.  Do you remember those plastic barrettes?  I bought a whole bunch of them on Ebay- they bring back such memories!

See more Little Vintage Style and Small Style posts here and here this week!




And I'd like to announce a new feature I'm going to be doing on the blog!  It's called Lil' Vintage Story Books. 

We have so many beautifully illustrated vintage picture books.  Every time I read one to the kids, I think, "I wish I could show these illustrations to someone who would actually appreciate them!"  Well, now I can!  Every Friday, I'm going to do a post showing a favorite vintage story book.  And you're welcome to join as well!  If I can figure out how to do a Link Party by then, I'll set it up so you can link up with your favorite picture books as well!  See you on Friday- I can't wait!!



12 comments:

gabrielle said...

I love the close up pic of her, her little pigtails are too cute. Looking forward to your vintage book post, they are my no.1 stop at the op shops

MissShapes said...

Darling!! She is just so sweet in pink!!

I'll be keeping an eye out for these vintage book postings...can't wait to see what you've got!

Anonymous said...

LOVE!!! love the book idea too! I had those barrettes!

Unknown said...

Ponies, cookies and ruffles - what fun!
I LOVE the vintage story book idea. I have shelves full of them so I would love to join in!

OliversForest said...

LOVE the dress! And can't wait for vintage story time!

My Vintage Mending said...

I have no words for this...unless perfection works...I still try to dress Claire in anything frilly I can find and vintage is always better but I must say your daughter wears these so well...Love it.

erica @ expatriababy said...

Oh, Hello most gorgeous eyes on the entire internet. Gorgeous dress, as always. And I'm also swooning over the my little pony. Those were a favorite of mine when I was small.

Susan said...

That very last pic is to die for adorable!
Enjoy dressing her up for as long as you can.I would do just about anything to let my eldest dress her just one.more.time
Sigh.
And I totally remember those barrettes! They're the best.

Kendra Morris said...

I love the sleeves on that dress! I say this every time, but she really is sooo cute!

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

Love this dress, the my little pony flash back, and your vintage story book sharing idea. So looking forward to this!

Bethany said...

Your little one in pigtails is so sweet! Can't wait to see your books!

Lauren Rose said...

I love those plastic Goody shapes and bows! I put my old ones on Aviva all the time. You always find the sweetest dresses. I adore her pinafore!