Pages

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Blue Checks Again

I'm so grateful Stacy created "Little Vintage Style" last year, because it really got me into dressing Avery in vintage!  Although I'll miss the weekly link party (she's decided not to make it a regular feature anymore), I'll continue to post Miss Avery's vintage outfits here periodically, and I'll also continue to link up over at Morgan's on Thursdays for "Small Style".

You may remember this blue checked top from the outfit she wore a couple months ago.  Strangely enough, I found both jumpers at the same thrift store on different days, and they both had the exact same blue checked fabric on them, that matches the top.  I suspect they somehow all came from the same person, but who knows?  Maybe just a lucky coincidence!


It's such a cute little dress-  I wish I'd had it when she started school, because it would be perfect on the first day, with the apple and pencil appliques!


 The green leggings are thrifted, as are the shoes...


 

Go check out the other cuties here on Thursday!!  Also linking here for a new link party!


10 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

How cute is that blue checked fabric! I will always enjoy your clothing posts. Keep them coming!

PS. My grandparents owned a woman's & children's clothing store for 40+ years and pretty clothing was essential growing up.

gabrielle said...

oohh I love gingham and that little pinafore is so cute, I'm going to miss linking up at LVS too although I think I have everyone's blogs on my reader....maybe you should take over hosting

My Vintage Mending said...

A favorite...Avery looks perfectly cute in blue....can't go wrong with gingham...smiles..Renee

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

oh, the running smile! she is so excited. cuteness overload!

Kim said...

These pictures are great! I love the one with her in the swing. Very cute outfit, nice to see blue on a girl! Would love for you to come link up to Trendy Tots at http://areal-lifehousewife.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-she-wore-wednesday-trendy-tots.html

OliversForest said...

oh, that is so adorable!

Unknown said...

Gosh I love this. It reminds me of an apron I had as a kid in the 70's. Mine had pockets with a wooden spoon and a whisk embroidered to look like they were in the pockets.

Mel said...

blue gingham - oh dreamy! I love that second shot - hilarious! ;o)
Happy new year Corey and crew!
Mel
needle and nest

elizabeth said...

I especially love her face in the second picture...such a big smile! Cute cute dress!

Erica said...

I have been looking for a blue check shirt EXACTLY like that one, but in my size. It's totally cute. Everything about that outfit is. And you're right, it would have made a wonderful first school day dress. Oh well...maybe first back to school after the break???