Pages

Monday, March 13, 2006

Computer Free Day

Jason took the computer to work today, and I have to say, it was quite refreshing! You never realize how often you're on the computer until you don't have one there! It was sort of nice to not even have the option to surf around. So what did I do with all my extra time (while Riley was napping of course!)? I did some art!

This is the first spread in Riley's new book. It's been a while since I've worked in his book(s) because I had houseguests for a week and I've been doing some other projects, but it felt good to be back doing my regular collage work. This spread is about his baptism. The little pocket is from his outfit. I cut the pocket off because I thought it took away from the "dressiness" of the outfit, but I saved it, thinking I may use it. And the prayer card in the pocket is from his godparents. The paper I used to "journal" on was from a card his grandmother gave him.
I'm fairly happy with the piece, although I don't think it's one of my best. It's a little too "matchy-matchy" for me, and not quite spontaneous-looking enough. And the cutesy-ness of the pocket bothers me just a touch, but again, I'm happy enough with it.

And just because I got so many nice comments about little Riley's photos, I'll indulge myself and post a couple more!


2 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Love the start of your new book. The colors and composition are beautiful.

etre-soi said...

Such a beautiful baby :)
Thank you very much for your comment and tip about the mag, I've just bought one (the spring 2003 issue, I love the collage sheet) to see how it is and then I will subscribe, but it looks great.
Your book is beautiful, love the mix of colours.