Pages

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

"Pretend" First Day of School- Vintage Small Style


 Miss Avery starts preschool tomorrow.  Unfortunately, the school has requested she wear her preschool T-shirt for the first day of school.  Boo!  I hate that- don't they know that crazy mothers like me plan our entire week around taking cute photos of our children's first-day-of-school outfits???  The boys have uniforms, so I already knew I had no choice with them, but come on!  This is my little girl, who has the potential to look this cute on her first day (by the way, holy cow!  How did she get so old in just one year?)!  

Anyway, I decided to do a little photoshoot with her today instead, and pretend that she got to wear this adorable little dress for her first day!  I found it at a thrift store, and it's completely handmade!  Such sweet details- Avery loves the pockets!  It's been a while since I dressed her up and took photos (other than for her birthday), so prepare yourself for photo-overload!


Here are MY favorite photos:


Be still my heart with the photo above- I may need to get that one framed!  I love it!




I mentioned that the above photos were MY favorites...


The ones below are AVERY'S favorites!






Oh, you silly girl!!

I'm linking up here this week- Morgan's back with Small Style!


8 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Darling dress. Darling Avery! I completely understand wanting to dress her up a day early. Josie (who loathes dresses most of the time) actually wore one to 1st grade today. I think I took a zillion pics.

My Vintage Mending said...

It goes way too fast. We had to do the same, wear the preschool tshirt. I adore Miss Avery's pictures...smiles...Renee

vintage grey said...

Miss Avery is the cutest!! The sweetest photos!! xo Heather

gabrielle said...

gorgeous pics and I agree not fair to have to wear a tee shirt on your first day

Susan said...

She got so big! And I completely agree...that second photo MUST be blown up and framed. Unbelievably cute!
Love this little dress.

Kilee Nickels said...

She is adorable! Those blue eyes! I love her little red dress and sweet poses.

I'd love for you to link up to WKWW-What Kids Wore Wednesday Link Party this week at ONE little MOMMA!
http://onelittlemomm.blogspot.com/2012/09/wkww-what-kids-wore-wednesday.html?utm_source=bp_recent&utm-medium=gadget&utm_campaign=bp_recent

Kilee
www.onelittlemomma.com

erica @ expatria, baby said...

Yes! That is totally annoying! I had to dress my kid today in her "traditional dress" dress that should have been worn tomorrow and OMG don't they understand that Small Style is on Thursdays??!?!? Anyway, glad Small Style is back. Glad you're back. Glad your girl continues to be just about the cutest thing since....cute things.

OliversForest said...

what!?! how dare they mess with your first day cute outfit photos! well, you did the right thing by having a 'pretend' day! the silly face photos are priceless!