Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Small Style/Toys Photo Challenge

I'm trying to get back into taking photos of Avery wearing vintage clothes.  Morgan from Mama Loves Papa does Small Style every Thursday, so that's good incentive for me!  I also tried to incorporate Paper Mama's photo challenge of "Toys" into the photos.  I took pictures of her playing with several toys throughout the day, but unfortunately, none of them were fantastic shots of her cute vintage outfit.  That's okay though, because you get the idea! 

Her Pinkie Pie Dancing/Singing Pony.  She will listen to this thing sing for hours at a time.  Strangely, I don't mind that much- the songs are kind of catchy!


 She also played for a while with this felt book, in between running back and pushing the buttons on the pony to make it sing again.  This was the best shot of her little dress.  It was thrifted, of course, just like 95% of her clothes!

 And then she decided on this box/fort that's been sitting in our family room for a week!  I meant to put it out in the recycle bins on Monday, but didn't get around to it. However, now I'm glad I didn't...

 ...because I would have missed this wonderful shot of her!

 In case you were trying to decipher the sign hanging on the box/fort, here it is:  Noah's version of "No Girls Allowed", which was then crossed out because he felt bad for Avery.  He went back and added drawings of a girl and a boy, and marked each with a check, meaning that they are BOTH allowed!  Aren't kids great?

And here is Avery's REAL first day of school outfit, for those of you who saw last week's post.  I guess I shouldn't have been so worried about her wearing her school shirt, because really, it doesn't get much cuter than this, does it?

11 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

How sweet is that vintage dress. Love the lace pinafore. How sweet that your son changed his mind on the no girls allowed in the cardboard clubhouse. Darling 1st day of school pictures, Corey.

My Vintage Mending said...

No it doesn't...in fact. I think Claire wore something very similar. Jean skirt and yellow preschool shirt. Oh how I miss that just like it was yesterday. My kids still love boxes and now they torture Reagan with them. "No Reagan look at this new house you will love it?" Poor cat. Smiles..Renee

Holly Loves Art said...

Your pictures are so wonderful Corey. Love the vintage dresses for your daughter. So unique and of course like no one else has. My mom has all my Gunne Sax dresses and also homemade dresses from that era (70's of course) hanging in her chifferobe in the guestroom. Every time I visit I have to look at them. I love them. I like it that she keeps them for me too. Hope you're having a wonderful day.
Holly

Susan said...

I love all of your pics Corey. The box pic is amazing!
And I love her "real" first day of school outfit. She's so sweet.

Lil Muse Lily said...

her hair has gotten so long!! love it. along with the shot of her in the box. Lily would love that big pink pony. she is all about the little ponies lately. them and strawberry shortcake. sigh....

agravette said...

Your baby is such a little doll! I miss my girl being so small...she's almost 12 now, and she is so over the cute dress stage! Enjoy it while it lasts!

vintage grey said...

How sweet does Avery look in that vintage dress!! She looks just as sweet in her first day of school pic, too! xo Heather

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Oh man. Ruari would love that doll. Ha! Pinkie Pie is her favorite.

gabrielle said...

yay for seeing more avery vintage love her long pig tails

OliversForest said...

oh my goodness... that dress... and those pigtails... love it!

Morgan said...

These photos are SO beautiful and, as always, Avery is such a doll! I love that you incorporated the "toys" theme for Paper Mama's photo challenge. So creative and fun!