Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2006

First Blog Entry


Well, seems everyone's doing it, so I've decided to start a blog! Since my
picturetrail website really only works well for posting photos, this will be a good place to talk about what I post there. And in addition to discussing my artwork, what a perfect way to keep my family and friends updated on little Riley's progress!

And so, for anyone reading this who doesn't immediately know me, maybe for this first entry, I'll give a little background on myself. I'm 33 years old, and have just recently (October, 2005) had our first baby,
Riley Brennan Moortgat. Before giving birth, I managed a custom frame shop, which I loved, but now with the baby, my husband Jason and I have decided to see if we can manage with me staying home instead of working. So I am now adjusting to an entirely new lifestyle- trying to decide how to spend my days by both being a good mother to Riley, but also being productive in some form or another.

Those of you familiar with my picturetrail website know that I am a collage artist. I create art from vintage papers, old photographs, and all kinds of ephemera, quite often in books. My art has evolved over the years to become quite personal, taking on a journal feel in which I record my life events. I have been published in several magazines and a few books, with more to come in the future.

Having Riley has also introduced me to some new crafty interests as well. It has opened my eyes to all things "baby". I absolutely loved decorating his nursery and really adore some of the vintage-style baby items-fabrics, toys, stuffed animals. I've played around with making various stuffed toys for him, and am in the midst of trying to think of some kind of at-home small business using these ideas. We'll see what happens....

Another interest I have is decorating. We've recently bought a
new house, and are in the midst of decorating it. My husband is a very handy guy, and between the two of us (his handiness and my artistic sense), we do a pretty good job, if I do say so myself! My picturetrail site has photos of our house, and I will post photos here to show the progress.

Okay, well, I guess that's enough for now, and Riley sounds like he's waking from his nap. So, more later!

3 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Hi Corey,
for some reason I just stumbled on your blog, pretty good timming, I'd say!!!! Riley is the cutest "peanut" I've ever seen!

Tara

Anonymous said...

Yay,
What a great idea! I'll be sure to tune in often to see what Corey's been up to!

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Mom. I really enjoy your site! It's almost like talking to you on the phone! I'm glad you have it so I can check up on you from time to time. Have a great day!!! See you in a week!!!!! Love, Mom XOXOXOXOXO