Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Riley's First Book Finished!

I did the cover to Riley's first book today. This book covers the time from his birth until the present, when he is four months old. Boy, at this rate, I'll have a whole library by the time he's eighteen! I had fun doing the cover- it's always nice to sort of consolidate the whole book into one place, and put a title to the whole thing. Not that "Riley's Book" is any sort of creative title, but you know what I mean. I have to say that I'm LOVING using fabric in my art lately, as you can see with this latest piece.

So now it's time to start his next book. I always have a little trepidation before beginning a book. I'm so anal that I require myself to keep the same format and style throughout a book. As a result, the first page I do really sets the rules for the whole book. So I need to spend some time thinking about what I want before I start.

We're going to be having some family in for a few days for Riley's baptism, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post while they're here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love it! I love how you incorporate old and new, and how you really make such personal pages. Lucky Riley!