Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

Well, it's Valentine's Day, and I didn't even remember until yesterday afternoon! Staying home with Riley takes away all perspective of inconsequential things like the date and such! So I had to scramble to come up with a gift for Jason. I ended up making him a really cute T-shirt with photos of Riley on it. My sister, Katie, showed me a neat product that allows you to print out images on an inkjet printer and then transfer them onto dark colored fabrics (as opposed to most products that only work on light colors). I will post a photo of it after he opens it- maybe I can even coerce him into modeling it!

Yesterday, I did another spread in
Riley's baby book. I'm happy with the way it came out. I feel like the art I've been doing in his book is some of my best work- he really must be a little muse for me! I've only got one more page spread left in the book, and the cover. I like to leave the cover until last when I do a book. For one, I think it's the most fun, but also, since my art evolves with each piece I do, by the end of my book my style is usually slightly different than that in the beginning. So I like the cover to reflect my most recent style, since I usually feel like it's the best!

I got two really cute skirts and a vintage-style tee at Target today. I think I buy more clothes there than anywhere- almost my entire post-pregnancy wardrobe is from Target! And there's one moving in about one mile from our house later this year- hooray! I don't know if I should be embarrassed about my excitement or not!

Oh, and one last thing. I've let a lot of people know about my new blog, but I don't have any way of knowing if anyone's looking or not. If you're reading, could you do me a favor and post a quick note in my "comments" box? It would be nice to know I'm not writing this all for nothing!! :)

2 comments:

Jaromir Blagr said...

Target is wonderful

Anonymous said...

hi corey, i just discovered your blog and am so excited you are doing one, i love your artwork and used to check your picturetrail via teesha's site. can't wait to see what you're up to regularly.