Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

New Soft Book

It was a very productive Memorial Day weekend for us. Seems both Jason and I were in the mood to "get things done!", so that's exactly what we did. We finished up with a number of nagging chores that have been sitting in piles around the house, including working some more in the master bathroom, burning photos onto CD's, rewiring speakers for our TV, cleaning, decorating, and much more. It feels really good to have a lot of these little jobs done. Of course there's still a list a mile long (isn't there always in a new house?), but at least we knocked a few inches off that mile.

I even found some time to do a fun art project amidst all our productiveness! I made another soft book for Riley. I'm becoming addicted to these books! Although I've only made two, I've got fabric for probably four more, and I'm now constantly on the lookout for good images. He's still a bit too little to really get the idea of books (all he wants to do is put them in his mouth right now), but hopefully he'll have fun with them once he's a little older. Oh well, even if not, I have plenty of fun with them myself!

Here are photos of the book. I didn't realize when I took them how blurry they are, but I'm too lazy to retake them... Of course now that I've got a scanner, the first thing I make doesn't scan well because it's fabric and is too large!

3 comments:

Kari said...

VERY neat book! Love the vintage fabrics.

lindaharre said...

I love your soft books......i am going to have to get busy and make my grand kids some:) thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love this. I have been obsessed with the Fabric Art Journals book and have been wanted to make a soft book for my son. I still have to learn how to use the sewing machine though :0)