Pages

Friday, February 02, 2007

Six Things...

Well, I was tagged a couple weeks ago by Kathy, and am finally getting around to listing six strange things about myself! Perfect thing to get my mind off my huge tummy and aching back! (More about that after my list.)

1. I have a very unnatural aversion to tags, especially clothing tags, but really just about any tags. Almost everything I own has had the tag taken off. There's just something about them that literally grosses me out! And when I take them off, I can't just throw them on the top of the trash, they have to be covered up so that I can't see them next time I throw something away! Who knows where this wierdo trait came from- maybe just because I'm a perfectionist and seeing a tag on something disrupts the perfection to some extent- who knows?

2. When I was in high school, my absolute favorite actress, to the point of obsession, was Katharine Hepburn, and in college, Barbra Streisand. Needless to say, I was considered a bit of an oddball by my friends.

3. My favorite kind of music is Broadway and soundtracks from movie musicals, as cheesy as it all is. I just love to sing along! Again, see above item for what my friends think of me...

4. I dip my pizza into Ranch dressing and put ice in my milk.

5. Being an artist and a former custom framer (both which should qualify me as somewhat of a color expert), I cannot for the life of me pick out proper paint colors for my walls, much to my chagrin. I'm never satisfied with what I've chosen, and quite often end up repainting because it drives me so crazy.

6. If something falls on the floor while I'm driving (like my purse spilling over, etc.), I have to pick everything up immediately and not wait until I've stopped. As unsafe as it is to try to lean over and grab the things while driving, I cannot stand to let the mess sit until I'm stopped.

I'm sure I've forgotten some weirdo traits that are much more exciting than these, but these are what came to mind when I sat down to write... And anyone I can think to "tag" to make their own list has already done it on their blog, so I guess the chain will stop here....

So the next post from me will be my "new baby" post! I am not due until Feb. 14th, but we are going to induce this Wednesday, on Feb. 7th, and not a moment too soon in my opinion! I am pretty much incapacitated these days- can't handle doing anything other than just sitting. My back aches like crazy, all of my muscles are sore, and my stomach is stretched to the limit. And lucky me, in the last couple weeks I've developed a condition called PUPPP, which is characterized by an insanely itchy rash/hives all over my stomach and also a little on my arms and legs. Aargh!! I swear, the first thing I'm going to say when little Baby comes out is, "Thank God I'm not pregnant anymore!" But luckily, I've only got a few more days of this, and then I can start appreciating the little bundle who put me through it!

And in other news, I am officially done with the writing of my book- hooray!! What a relief! At this point, I just have to do some author edits, which should be pretty easy. I absolutely can't wait to see what it's going to look like. I haven't seen any design on it at all (other than the cover, which I designed), so that will be a lot of fun to see. And since I've finished it, I've actually had the time to do a few pieces of art, which is so nice after having abandoned it for so long. Sometime soon, I'll take photos to post here- I'm sorry there's been such a lack of artsy entries here.

Okay, well, that's it for me. Please keep me in your thoughts on Wednesday, and I'll update as soon as I can to show off the newest member of our little family!

6 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

We'll be thinking of you on Wednesday. Sending good vibes :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations in advance, how exciting! And your book, I cannot wait!!! Thanks for keeping us updated, good luck Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see the baby! This will be the 4th blog baby I've heard of this year. It's so exciting.

Erika Tysse said...

Wow Corey, so much going on in your life! Good luck with the induction, been there, done that and you're right, that is exactly what I thought - thank god I am not pregnant anymore! After the third one, it's a piece of cake :)

Tara's Art Camp said...

Oh, I just found that you updated your blog. Warm wishes and prayers your way on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Best wishes for a lovely delivery day!