Pages

Thursday, September 01, 2011

"New" Coffee Table

Do you remember this photo from a few posts ago?  Now look at the photo below, and see if you can tell what's different....

 That's right!  I painted our table!  It was so glaring white before, so I changed it up a bit in order to blend with the room a little better.  The table was a $15 thrift store find from a couple months ago, but I just loved the lines of it, and knew it would suit our needs really well.

 I painted the bottom section a lavender/pinkish tone,

and the top a warm taupe-y color.

 I then went over the whole thing with sandpaper and an antiquing glaze.

So far it meets the approval of all those who use it on a daily basis!  After all, those little chairs wouldn't be there if we didn't want it to get some use!


I'm still working on the rest of the room- my next task is to find some fabric I like to replace our current drapes.  Once that's done, I'll show you the rest of the room!


4 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

Love the job you did on it. It's much softer. And more vintage!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's darling! I love the whole room!

sew grown said...

I lo e it antiqued! Looks great!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I like that your coffee table is a kids play table! Love the sweet little school chairs and the original art on the walls.