Pages

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Time With My Baby

These photos are a few months old, but I just ran across them and realized I never posted them!
 
I've just recently come to the "realization" that this is my last school year to have her home with me.  She goes to preschool two days a week, and then it is just the two of us the rest of the week while the boys are at school.
 
It's so easy to use my time with her to get things done (taking just one kid on an errand is so much easier than taking all three, right?), but I'm trying to remember that this time with her is precious.
 
Next year she'll be in preschool five days a week (in Florida, we have state-funded pre-kindergarten for four-year-olds), and it's just going to be me by myself every morning...

As much as I'll sort of love having all that time, I know I'm going to be really sad, and wish I had spent more quality time with her.  She and I are sort of a team these days, and I'll miss that!
 
But such is the life of a mother, right??
 
 
Avery's wearing a vintage Polly Flinders dress, with thrift store tights and thrift store shoes...
 
 

6 comments:

gabrielle said...

gorgeous, I've missed seeing Avery vintage. I too am trying to make the most of this last year before Arlo is in school full time

Musings from Kim K. said...

Darling pictures. I always love her special vintage outfits. My grandparents owned a woman's and children's clothing store for 40+ years. Polly Flinders was a brand they carried. Such sweet memories of special dresses.

PS. I just finished decorating my keystone for Easter.

Anonymous said...

she's such a dolly

A bird in the hand said...

Sweet litte Avery!
It's understandable that you'll miss her. I feel a little sad for you, too, but I'm also hoping to see more art from you :)

Unknown said...

Hi Corey, Your latest dollhouse tour was such fun. All of the furniture looks original. What a collection! Your photographs of your children are so lovely. Have a great Sunday! Elizabeth

Carin said...

Lovely pictures! So sweet. I have about a year and half with my little guy till he goes to nursery for 3 hours each day (maybe a year if they decide to take him in early) and am the same...it would be so easy to work the hours away, but don't want to miss anything.