Pages

Friday, May 09, 2014

A New Fad- The Dollhouse Diet!

Hi guys, I'm here to tell you about the newest fad diet out there- the Dollhouse Diet!  Here's how it works.  You buy yourself a dollhouse on Ebay that you really, really want.  Then you make a deal with yourself.  Here's the deal:  you can't open up the Ebay package and actually "get" the dollhouse until you've lost a certain amount of weight!  Boy, talk about motivation- seeing the huge box just sitting there day after day, knowing what's inside, but not being able to open it!
 
 Until today, when you step on the scale and you've reached your goal!  Hurray!  You toss aside everything else that was in the plans for the day so that you can unpack your new prize and get busy on it with a Magic Eraser!  Oh, and of course, blog about it to those rare people out there who actually understand you!
 
 Ha ha!  So, if you can believe it, all of that is actually true!  My extended family all had a weight-loss challenge at the beginning of the year, and working toward our prize was great motivation for me.  But once that challenge was over, I still had another 5 lbs I wanted to lose.  So I decided to create my own challenge, and Ta Da...! The Dollhouse Diet was born!  And it worked! 
 
So here's my newest dollhouse!  It's a Keystone house, and it's in super shape.  It's nice and large, and has all the windows, doors, chimneys, etc.  I'm super-excited about it.  And in case you're wondering where it will go, I'm still working on that...  I have a plan to add some extra shelves in my studio, but that pretty much relies on Hubby being on board and helping.  Maybe I can lay a Mother's Day guilt trip on him!
 
Oh, and by the way, feel free to use the Dollhouse Diet yourself- I promise it's the next big thing!!

8 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the dollhouse diet! Count me in! She's a beauty (by the way). Happy Mother's day and have fun getting your husband to add more shelving. I haven't toured your fabulous studio in awhile. Time for another peek!

Joy for the Journey said...

That's a fantastic idea, Corey! Thanks so much for sharing your Dollhouse Love. Recently I was at a large flea market and your posts caused me to linger a little when I saw those houses!
Sarah

Unknown said...

Now that's my kind of diet!!
I love your new dollhouse, I like that cute staircase. Thanks for sharing!
Dorothy

Diane Mars said...

Now that sounds like some kind of diet plan that would work for me... I will have to find my prize I'll keep you posted.. oh and what a darling dollhouse sweet details. Hugs, Diane

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love your dollhouse!! Its so so pretty! Sounds like a good and creative way to diet!! :) Happy sweet day! xo Holly

Unknown said...

Corey, I have a question maybe you can answer for me about my dollhouse. I have a 1950's tin Marx dollhouse and I am not sure what furniture to get for it. I've ordered some from eBay but I've gotten some that is too small scale. Which is the biggest, 1/2 scale or 3/4 scale? The larger pieces look right in my house, but I don't know which scale to specify when I order more.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful dollhouses, I always enjoy looking at your new toys.
Dorothy

Unknown said...

Thanks for your info, Corey. It was a big help, I went ahead and ordered a piece in 3/4 scale and it is just the right size for my house! I think I'm having more fun with this dollhouse than I did with my original one I had when I was five!! Thanks again!
Dorothy

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Another super cute dollhouse!! :) And what a great idea! I'm on a low carb/sugar free diet and I can use all the motivation I can get. Maybe I can try this trick. Not really collecting anything specific right now. Maybe I can just reward myself with a trip to the antique store? Congratulations on getting to your goal! I saw your recent photos are you are looking fantastic!
Michelle xoxo