Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Sneak Peeks and FOR SALE!

Well, I've been busy the last few months.  I showed you Noah's "new" room in April, which also required me to rework Riley's room (haven't quite finished in there yet) a bit.  What I didn't mention is that Avery is also getting a "new" room.  Much as I LOVED her old room, she was starting to outgrow the toddler bed (this girl is super-tall for her age!), and the room was beginning to get too cluttered.  I love the junior loft bed in Noah's room so much for all the extra storage it provides, so we decided we should get one for Avery as well.
 
 As long as we were getting a new bed, I decided to go for a bit of a decorating update as well.  After all, she is growing older (a kindergartener next fall!), and while I like to get very "Vintage 1940's Nursery" in her room, she's starting to have her own opinions about what is in there!
 
I found this ADORABLE fabric at Jo-Ann's, and the concept for the room was born!  I absolutely love the color combination here, and it worked along with a lot of the items we already had for the room.

 So, even though the room isn't quite done, I'm showing you some sneak peeks of what's evolving.
 
 I have to say I love the way it's going so far, although I will really miss her old decorating scheme- sniff, sniff!
 
 
And speaking of sniff, sniff, I bring you to the other portion of this post...
 
With great regret, I am selling her toddler bed and little vintage dresser...
 
 As much as I have tried (and believe me, I've tried!) to find a place for these items, we just really have NO ROOM to store them or repurpose them...
 
 The bed is just a standard size toddler bed (mattress is included) that has been finished to give it a vintage look.
 
 The dresser is a real vintage piece...
 
 ...with a precious decal on the cabinet door.
 
 I'm selling them for $200 each, or I'd definitely make a deal on the both together.  I know it's a long shot that someone lives close enough to make the drive for these (I'm in Jacksonville, FL), but I thought it was worth trying.  I know you guys that read my blog at least "get" this kind of furniture!!
 
 I hope everyone's having a super summer!  We're still in the honeymoon stage here, where I'm loving the freedom of our schedule, and I'm not completely sick of the kids yet!  I'm sure we'll get there, but for now, I'm enjoying it!  I will be sure to show you all once I have everything finished in Avery's "new" room.
 
 

6 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Oh Boy you are going to have just as much fun with the "Big" Girls room we have 3 little girls 2 are 6 and one is 5 and they are so full of opinions so I am always getting a chuckle listening to there latest toys, movies and stories of times with their friends...always entertaing. Big California Hug Happy Summer!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

It's too bad you don't have a place where you could store Avery's bedroom furniture, but I totally get it. I got rid of our girl's antique Jenny Lind style beds and now both of them would love to have the beds for their daughter's rooms! If only we all had a huge storage barn on our properties. Somebody is going to buy that adorable bed and dresser just because of the adorable photo of your daughter sitting on the bed! I can't wait to see her newly decorated room!

Simply Shelley said...

A bittersweet redo I'm sure. Wish you had room to store those things for a grandchild's room someday :)
Believe you me,it comes much sooner than you can now imagine. Can't wait to see Avery's new room. Blessings friend

Gail said...

When my dd (now 13yo) outgrew her crib my dh and his dad built her a Pooh bed! It was a twin size and they did such a great job, it was a sad day when we decided that she needed a double size bed but we are definitely saving the handcrafted Pooh bed for her.
She couldn't bear to get rid of it (no pun intended) and my dh and even signed it on the back and dated it!
I do hope your furniture goes to a good home if you can't keep it.

Musings from Kim K. said...

As you know, I love that sweet dresser. I have the same one. It was my mother's, then Emma's, then Josie's. I'm sure you will find someone who appreciates the sweet vintage touches as much as you. Avery's room is looking super cute. Can't wait to see more! Hugs!

Two Moms and a Gma said...

Oh I love all of this. Such a sweet room. Too bad my kid is a tomboy. :(