Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Look at the Skirt I Made!

Don't ask me why, but over the weekend, I decided to make myself a skirt! Last week, I bought another stack of fabrics. I found an independant craft store that also sells fabric- cheap! I swear I don't think they have anything over $4/yard (cottons), and on top of that, they were having a 20% sale! Anyway, when I got home and was looking over my selections, I saw one I had chosen that just hit me as the perfect fabric for a skirt. So I headed back to the store and bought 3 more yards (turns out that was more than enough- I probably could have gotten by with 2). I recently purchased a couple skirts from Target that I just love, so I decided to try to copy those. However, they use zippers, and that's way too advanced for me! So I altered the "pattern" so I could use elastic instead. It all went very well, with almost no problems, which is rare for my sewing- especially without a pattern! I'm actually extremely impressed with how well it came out. I see lots of cute skirts in my future....!

By the way, several of the frames have sold, but there are lots left! Check them out if you're interested!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look adorable Corey! I love to copy my favorite pieces of clothing too! I always dream of finding the 'perfect' skirt, pants, top and/or dress and then copying them in 100 different fabrics and letting the details, trims, buttons etc. be what makes them unique. So far, I have the pants and skirt, still looking for a top and dress... You did great!

etre-soi said...

beautiful !!! love it !!! me too I do the same ;-) this afternoon I will be changing a poncho into a cape and one white shirt and maybe also my jean blazer too ;-) it's fun hein ???? :) :)

etre-soi said...

Corey, it's done I've finally changed the banner and I think it's wonderful :) I found out myself and I can tell you it wasn't easy, what I'm going to do is send you my blog html language with notes on it so that you can see what I changed or if I can I will put what I've changed in anouther colour so this way you'll see it first. But Don't Forget to save your blog html first in case there's a problem ok ? :) love sofia :)