Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Sweetest Dress Ever!

If you read my last post, you saw that I really hit the jackpot last week at the thrift store with vintage dresses.  I decided to go back the next day, in the hopes that maybe they had put more out, or that I had missed some.  I'm so glad I did!  Although I only found one, this may be the sweetest little dress that has ever been made!

 It has got the prettiest smocking, sweetest ruffles, and the cutest little bow print all over.  It's by Kiddiz & Co., and I couldn't find much about them online, other than that they're from Paris.  So I'm not even sure of the age, although it is in pristine condition!


The dress is actually a 3 month size, and here's Avery, who's a large 21 month old, wearing it! Although it won't last long with her, as it was pretty tight around the neck. How I wish I had found this dress a year ago!



Since it was a little short, I paired it with tan shorts, and the sweetest little tan shoes.

And here she is showing off her shoes (this girl LOVES shoes!).  I found them on clearance at Old Navy, and now I wish I had bought them in every size, they're so cute!

I'm again linking up with Hart & Sew's Little Vintage Style.  Hop on over and check out the other cuties!

12 comments:

Edith's Closet said...

So pretty! I love blue and white and the collar is so sweet. And of course your little sweetsie is beautiful. :)

ringmaster said...

stunning!

Anonymous said...

Cute dress... and your little girls big eyes melt my heart, so sweet!

Unknown said...

yep, sweetest dress ever - ruffles, smocking, bows - it has it all!

Lil Muse Lily said...

can't believe that's a 3 month size.
sweet find. she looks beautiful in it.

Lili said...

She looks so cute and happy, topped off with a very pretty dress :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Such gorgeous photos!

Steph

Abra Clampitt said...

that is such a score! and i do the same thing--ignore the size of something and put it on them, i love turning dresses into shirts. :) she is just so beautiful!

Morgan said...

Super cute dress! I love that you can take a cute dress and have them wear it as a tunic, then as a top. Finley is definitely still wearing some of her tiny baby dresses. What an awesome thrifted find! Makes me want to go thrifting right now.

Thanks so much for linking up to Small Style! :)

Stacy Hart said...

love those days at the thrift store when they have just what you want! she is adorable as always!

Daniele Valois said...

oh, you were so meant to have a girl!!! I love the dress phase, and get so sad when they outgrow it! Love your finds!

Jikkes said...

You new lay-out is wonderful!