Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Christmas Dollhouse

First off, thanks for all the vintage Christmas love from my Christmas decor post!  I know I teased you a bit with a glimpse of the dollhouse I decorated, so I won't keep you in suspense any longer!  Here it is!

 You guys are probably sick of hearing about this dollhouse, but it's been fun helping it realize its full potential!  When I purchased the house, it seemed as though it may have been used as some sort of Christmas display, because there were Christmas lights rigged around it (the regular sized ones), and a chimney attached that was not original to the house.  So this has stuck in my head, and I decided to go with it!

 We have this odd archway in our front room that has always been a difficult decorating challenge.  A couple years ago, Jason built the shelves you see.  It's in the same room as the Christmas tree, so here is what I did this year!

 I bought several of those light-up necklaces with mini Christmas bulbs, and rigged them around the house and on a couple trees.  They flash at different times, so it was difficult to get a photo with them all lit, but you get the idea.

I used some quilt batting for snow on the ground and roof, and attached a wreath and "Merry Christmas" (from vintage ornaments) to the front.  (Unfortunately, we're missing a door- will have to find one soon!)

 I already had the Santa, reindeer, and sleigh from my vintage Christmas collection. They are the perfect scale!

The bottlebrush trees were also in my Christmas stash.



It's such a fun little display.  Frankly, I think I enjoy it more than anyone else in the house, but I just love it!   I hope you did, too!!

And yes, we really do have snow falling inside our house- don't you see it in all the photos?  No, I just went a little crazy with the "snow" filter in Picnik!


14 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Corey...I want to come over and just watch you in action. This is just so sweet. Each little detail. I would never have even noticed the door. Love it all so very much. Thank you for sharing. I can only imagine your daughters delight...smiles..>Renee

Musings from Kim K. said...

Squeal!!! Your house is just dreamy. I love the Santa, sleigh and lights. Perfectly perfect!! I did a sneak peek of the dollhouse I'm giving Josie for Christmas on my blog today. I revealed the dollhouse living room all decked out for Christmas. Miniature Christmas hugs!

sew grown said...

I love it! The snow was the perfect addition to the photo! I tried to find one this week in Atlanta but had no luck. You have spread your addiction I'm afraid:)

Gina said...

Oh, so cute! Love all the details,especially the happy, little deer, the lights and wreath! yes, the addiction has started! :)

Unknown said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I am still on the hunt for a metal dollhouse....I keep missing them on Ebay! I want one in my craft room too! It looks like your nook was maybe for a ATV at one time, when they weren't HUGE! LOL I jsut love this, don't look now,but you have been pinned! :) Merry Christmas! Sandy

MissShapes said...

I'm seconding that SQUEAL that someone else already squealed!! I kind of went crazy when I saw this house and all the amazing details you added. I'm going to be on the hunt for one of those houses now!

I'm so excited for tomorrow...I'm just giddy about seeing Avery in the overalls!! Thank you so much for letting me know!!

Unknown said...

Corey,
Just won a wonderful doll house on Ebay! Merry Christmas to me! I can't wait to get it decorated like yours.....next year! :):) Sandy

Ms Moppet said...

I love this dollhouse! It reminds me of one I had when I was little....hmmm I think I'm going to have to find me one now!

dollhouses said...

I just love it ! Our creative spirits are gifts from others who did not stifle us. It is just so much fun to pass it on to the next generation, thru example, encouragement and patience.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

So fabulous! The filter makes it just as charming. Would love to have that in my home!

Steph

magie said...

Your Christmas Dollhouse is far too cute! I just love the bottle brush tree's, and the cute Santa with his reindeer.

elizabeth said...

Love what you've done with the place! ;) Santa on the rooftop is just too perfect!

gabrielle said...

this is so what I want Santa to bring me...I want to come spend xmas at your place I think...can we come if we wear our best vintage?

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Love all your dollhouses! This one looks so amazing dressed up for Christmas! I saw one at the Goodwill for really cheap one time and passed it up because I didn't think I would have a place to put it! :( What was I thinking?!