Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Lil' Vintage Story Books #14



Welcome again to Lil' Vintage Story Books, where we share our favorite vintage children's books!




I absolutely love this week's book!  It's a Tell-A-Tale Book called "Pockets", written and illustrated by Lucy Ozone, published in 1955.

 It's about a bunch of children who are bragging about how many pockets they have, and what they keep in their pockets.

 A roller skate key!

My, my so impressive!  Three pockets!

 Love this little boy in his cowboy outfit!

  The little boy in the striped shirt is always looking on a little sadly, because he doesn't have any pockets...

 ...until...

 ...his Daddy beats everyone with ten pockets!  

 Hurray!





Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like to join in, grab a button to the right and link up below!



7 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Fabulous book, Corey. Love the idea of a book about pockets. Pockets can be rather magical. Wonderful illustrations. I always look forward to Friday and your link party. My book today is filled with nursery rhymes and I've tied my doll bed collection to my post.

Happy Friday!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful book! I've looked forward to this party all week! ♥

MissShapes said...

Hmm, I had this book once...but I haven't seen it in quite awhile. I guess that's what happens when you are a children's book hoarder...haha.

Anonymous said...

I love your story - somehow I remember that book, don't know if it's from my own childhood or if somehow I got it and read to my kids years ago. It really brought back some amazing memories ... love that the little left-out fellow won in the end! Thanks for sharing and for hostessing the party, I linked another of my Storyland stories, Three Little Kittens. Hugs ~ Mary

My Vintage Mending said...

Is there anything better than a good pocket. okay maybe two. But 10! What a great Daddy...smiles..Renee

Betsy said...

I love the bright colors in this book! It also brought back some good memories of childhood! When we were young, my dad had what we called "magic pockets." Every so often he would bring us a little treat home from work. We thought it was so exciting!

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

Very Cute! Unfortunately my pockets are empty right now, 'cuz I went shopping this weekend! This is my first time linking up with your party...thanks for letting me play! ~Deanna