Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Artwork

 I did a new piece this week.  I guess you could say it's a family self-portrait of sorts.  I go back and forth between wanting to use collage elements in my artwork or just pure paint and pencil.  This time I decided to go with some collage.  I originally began with just images of the children (representing my three kids), but added the parents halfway into the piece. 

 This really looks like my kids- the two boys playing with some sort of ball, and Avery in between, trying to play, too.  However, neither my husband nor I can claim to be dapper as those parents are!

I just can't seem to do a piece without arch shapes, or, as in this case, arches upon arches upon arches upon arches!

I'm happy with it.  I think I'll need to do some rearranging, to fit it onto the wall in our family room!

Oh, and by the way, if you haven't noticed, I added a little section on the right with links to the different room "tours" in my house, in case you've missed some!

9 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

The layers are beautiful. I love the images. Choices of colors are perfect. I am drawn to the pencil lines in this one. Very sweet piece. Smiles...Renee

vintage grey said...

Beautiful!! I love your style!! So colorful, with a vintage touch! Love it!! Great job! xo Heather

Diane Mars said...

I love it!

Carly said...

Very sweet!

Tammy's in Love said...

It's such a cool mix of modern and vintage graphics! What a great addition to your family room art!

Tammy

Musings from Kim K. said...

They are quite the dapper parents. Like Tammy said, I love the mix of vintage images with your artwork. Can't wait to see it in your living room. I'm also excited about the house tours. Can't wait to explore more!

OliversForest said...

love it!

kimla said...

Love this happy piece so much! You did a wonderful job. I am so curious to know how and when you find the time to make art with three little ones? I struggle with this so and am always wondering how other people manage to "make time."

Daniele Valois said...

so nice to see a new painting Cory. I adore it and it is very you.