Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Some New Things...

 I've completed the cover of Avery's latest journal.  The book was getting a little too full, so it was time to finish it and move onto the next book!  I used the cover of a vintage baby album as the background.  It actually said "Baby's Precious Moments", but I covered up "baby's" since she's really not a baby anymore!

 Here's a photo where you can see it sitting on her dresser.  The fabrics on the right side are ties that keep it closed.

 You can also spy one of the newest additions to her room- the adorable paper doll!  Isn't she cute?  I always try to find ones that look like Avery- with brown hair and blue eyes.  This one came in a paper doll lot I won on Ebay.

  
 And speaking of new additions, can you spot what's new on this wall?

 Here's a closer look...

That's right!  This adorable cardboard kitten pin-up!  I just love it, and so does Avery.  She points out her new kitty every time we go in her room.  There are a couple more on Etsy if you're interested.  Just put "kitten dolly toy co" into the search field, and they should come up.

Hope you have a great weekend!  My boys have their first soccer game of the season, so they're extra-excited!

7 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Love the cover of Avery's latest journal. So darling. And how sweet is that adorable kitten!! I always enjoy a lovely stroll in Avery's vintage-inspired bedroom.

vintage grey said...

Love Avery's journal cover!! It is beautiful!! I am in love with the vintage cardboard kitty!! So sweet!! Have a lovely weekend Corey!! xo Heather

GardenOfDaisies said...

How sweet! I just love all the kittens and of course the paperdoll!!

My Vintage Mending said...

This is really sweet and I love that you leave it in her room on display. Dolly Toy Co. and I have a relationship....I know you know that....This kitty is perfect in her room...lucky Avery...smiles..Renee

Anonymous said...

darling!!!

OliversForest said...

it's kinda sad that i actually got it right. haha. i knew right away it was that cute kitty.

Tammy's in Love said...

The darling paper doll cutout is a great addition to your decorating!

Tammy