Pages

Friday, March 09, 2012

Lil' Vintage Story Books #20



Welcome again to Lil' Vintage Story Books, where we share our favorite vintage children's books!


 Oh, how I love this week's book!  It is just a wonderful little story, and the illustrations are simply gorgeous!

 It's called "Almost Just Alike", written and illustrated by Joan Machado, and published in 1970.

 It's about twin girls who are almost exactly alike.



Oh, I just love the color palette in the above spread!  That rug...sigh!

 Those bunk beds- so sweet!!

 The only difference the twins have is that Judy likes BIG things and Trudy likes little things.

 I think I'd have to agree with Trudy- I tend to like little things best, too!

 They argue about which is best, so their mother suggests they ask their teacher.

 How could that be???

 Oh, that clever teacher-everything's relative!  My kids love this part!

 Which do you like best?  Big things or little things??



Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like to join in, grab a button to the right and link up below!


6 comments:

OliversForest said...

ahhhhh... i want this book!!

My Vintage Mending said...

This is gorgeous. I adore the clothes. I want to sew them all. I must say I like the little things. Great illustrations. Best of all I am going to be back today! Yeah...smiles...Renee

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm with Renee...I want their clothes too. Such wonderful colors and fabrics. What a beautiful book, Corey.

Drea said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I LOVE vintage kids books!! So cute!
Drea
www.baniesnbargains.blogspot.com

My Vintage Mending said...

Corey I am laying in be last night and I realize whoops I forgot to link up. Good grief. I am almost there...smiles...Renee

his_girl_friday said...

What a sweet story!